Wild Bird Cruise
October 01, 2022
8:00 AM - 10:00 AM
Add to My Calendar
Chirp Nature Center
578 Bonanza Trail
Big Bear Lake , CA 92315
Event ID: 195792
Meet at Pine Knot Marina on October 1st, 2022 at 8AM and board the Big Bear Queen for an exclusive birding cruise around Big Bear Lake. Circumnavigate the Lake, eyeing the location of Big Bear Lake’s Bald Eagle nest, and admiring historical landmarks around the shoreline. Birdwatchers of all experience levels are invited to participate in this event as we search for American white pelicans, western grebes, and a variety of waterfowl and shorebirds in the area. One of Chirp’s most popular birding excursions, this event fills up fast!
THIS IS A PAID EVENT. CLICK "BUY TICKET" TO REGISTER AND SECURE YOUR SPOT.
After the walk, return to Chirp for complimentary donuts, coffee, and a raffle for special gifts. Be sure to secure your spot and purchase your $25 ticket well before we set sail.
Register Online to Secure your Spot
Due to the popularity of our events, all guests must pre-register. Our events often reach capacity weeks prior the event, so take advantage of the advance registration portal to secure your spot on our birding team. Once registered, you will receive a confirmation email with instructions for checking in. On the day of the event, we will begin check-in at 7:30 AM at Pine Knot Marina, 439 Pine Knot Ave, Big Bear Lake, CA 92315, and we will set sail at 8 am. For further questions, email us at email@example.com or call us at (888)-412-4477.
Tips on How to Prepare
Bring your coolers, picnic baskets, and blankets, but please leave your dogs at home. After the cruise, participants are encouraged to return to Chirp Nature Center for complimentary coffee and donuts, a free gift, and wild bird-themed shopping.
- Wear comfortable attire such as layered clothing.
- Use a bird checklist. Chirp offers a free local Checklist for the Big Bear Valley. Also, consider creating an e-bird checklist.
- Take a camera or phone with a camera.
- Bring a pair of optics for a better view. Chirp offers binoculars and spotting scopes and is an authorized Nikon, Zeiss, and Vortex dealer.
- Wear Sunglasses or protective eyewear.
- Use sunblock as UV rays at altitude are stronger.
- Remember, Chirp also has basic gear for a bird walk in the woods should you need anything.
|This listing courtesy of
CA Watchable Wildlife
Get our Events on your Mobile phone wherever you are with a Free mobile app!
This event was posted to the following categories. Click on sub-categories to find related events.
Primary Category is Nature
Sub-categories are: Hike/Walk,
Wildlife Special Event,
|This event has been viewed 90 times.